Sorry for not posting in a long time. We have been so busy with the wedding and related things.
I will start to catch you up on our activities.
We left Carlinville, Illinois on Oct. 8 and drove to Sikeston, Mo. where we found a campground and hurriedly set up as we were suppose to be in East Prairie at 4pm for our homecoming parade. We didn't make it in time for the parade, but we met some of my classmates for the chili supper at the Martin Elementary School. I think this was the first time I had ever been in this building. From there we went to the football game. They played Portageville and won.
At half time we all went over to Pam Williams home where she grew up. She opened the house for our informal class reunion.
It was like going back in time.
We had such a wonderful get together.
Jim and Carleen Burden picked us up for breakfast the next morning. It was good to see them again. After they dropped us off, we packed up and headed for Memphis to do some genealogy work and visit with some relatives in the Howard family.
Lynn, my cousin, took us to Capleville, Tn. to visit the Bethlehem Cemetery. Allan spotted the Howard graves quickly. I found my twin aunt and uncle who had died during childhood and 2 other family members. I was able to see Ruth Howard, Lynn's mom, and get some information for the genealogy quest on the Howard side of the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment