Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GOODBYE BERRYDALE AND FRIENDS

Several of the RVers went fishing the other day and brought home a large mess of fish. Allan sent me over to watch and learn how to clean them. This is not a job I would want to do. I probably could if I was hungry and all the grocery stores had closed down.

Sunday most of the group drove to Robertsdale, Al. to attend church where our group worked in 2009. We rarely get to see the finished project so this was a treat.
From 2011-02-21
From 2011-02-21
From 2011-02-21
From 2011-02-21
After church we went out to eat as a group at "Magnolia Blossom Restaurant". Good food, at a good price.

We left the group and traveled to Summerdale to visit our friends, Darrell and Judy at Rainbow Plantation. If you will remember, they visited us in Berrydale, Florida just a few weeks ago. Again, we failed to get pictures of them. We enjoyed our visit sitting outside in the sun. The weather has finally improved enough to call it Florida weather. Not sure if anyone heard about our small earthquake off the coast of Alabama, but Darrell and Judy felt it (3.5). Allan and I did not but we are further inland and in Florida. Our paths have crossed several times and we hope to see them again soon. Thanks for a good time and that cranberry bread.

From there we headed for Orange Beach. I wanted to smell the ocean breeze and walk in the sand. We arrived near sunset, a very good time.
From 2011-02-21
From 2011-02-21
From 2011-02-21
From 2011-02-21
Someone had been busy making all kinds of sand sculptures. Did not see any tar balls, but it has been reported that the oil is sitting on the bottom of the ocean. That can't be good. There were quite a few people staying in the area and spring break is not far off. This should help the economy.
From 2011-02-21


I added another picture of "Little Bit" drinking water near our rig. I think a number of people here are feeding her including me. Wish we could take her with us, but we have a cat and limited space.
From 2011-02-21


Today was moving day so I had taken some pictures of what the guys were working on yesterday.
From 2011-02-23
From 2011-02-23
From 2011-02-23
From 2011-02-23
From 2011-02-23


We left Berrydale around 10:00 after saying goodbyes and arrived in Calera, Al. at the Suncoast RV Sales and Service around 2:15. You can park here with full hookups free for one night. We did some shopping and had a great meal at Ragtime Restaurant, one of our favorites. We also stopped by to see Ron and Pam who are long time friends from church. Their dog had puppies and they are all sold except for one which sounds like they may keep. She was so sweet.
From 2011-02-23


Will be heading for Tennessee tomorrow. The weather looks like rain and storms the rest of the week.

No comments: